Thursday, June 21, 2012

Y Kids Run

Swimming is going good (he is real close to not needing flotation) and he really likes gymnastics.  Physical activity is important, but I don't want my child going to elementary school not knowing how to play team sports.  I may have posted or maybe you've seen/heard about t-ball and soccer.  They have kinda been a bust.  (We are on a schedule break and will start again next week.)  But Brennan is usually the only child (on either team) that is crying or upset.  The parents on the sidelines are all going "aahh, it's oK buddy...."  NO- don't give into his ploy!  Adam and I push him away and say suck it up and get out there! 

But maybe individual sports are going to be the way to go for this kid.  This summer the Y is hosting some Kid Runs to help encourage activity and fight childhood obesity.  1/4mile for the littlest guys up to a 1mi for the big kids.  He knows that I enjoy running so I thought we'd give this a try.  The first of a series of 4 thoughout the summer was June 3rd.  At first he didn't want to, then he was excited, and when we got there, I ended up at the start line and he was still at the car.  He begged me to do it with him, so there I went, flip flops and all. 
But he finished, the next run is this weekend, wish me luck.



No comments: