Sunday, January 16, 2011

13.1

There's no turning back. I called Adam from the Y yesterday and had him sign me up. Sunday, May 15, I'm running in the Cellcom half marathon http://cellcomgreenbaymarathon.com. I'm not a runner. Adam and I ran the Bellin 10K the summer of '09, that was my first organized running thing, and as I crossed the finish line I thought....I have more to give, I could run some more...the next year we had Quinn, so running a half marathon has been on my mind. I need something to get over the winter blues, and I need something to help me get back into exercising. I had been watching the registion creep and creep and started running. I ran 4 on Saturday, and it's a mental thing. It was hard (I haven't done any exercising since Sept due to toe surgery) but I did it, and just need something to look forward to. So here I go!

2 comments:

maggie said...

Go Becca! You'll love it! Check out halhigdon.com- there is a great training schedule for novice runners!

Lindsay said...

Good for you! Seriously. Way to go and good luck with all of your training!