Thursday, December 23, 2010

Santa

I didn't think it was going to happen this year. At the beginning of the season when people would bring up Santa to him, he would say that he didn't like Santa....so I wasn't going to push it, and he wasn't going to visit. Then I thought it should visit, and we got an Elf on the Shelf thing to start a nice family tradition. Then this past Saturday we were at Penneys getting photos taken, so right next door to the mall where I knew the big guy would be. So we're in the car and I run in to double check that he is inside, I come back out and say to him, guess who is inside, Santa is here! would you like to go see him? Sure he says. So off we head. When we got to the entrance, I still wasn't sold that he'd go in there, but sure enough he walked right in, walked right up and snaked the candy cane.



Looking good! He told Santa he wanted some books/dvds etc (with some prompting from Santa) but this past week at daycare he's been telling his teachers that he asked for dragons. So I kindly remind him what he asked for (cuz dragons are not coming!)


We did pick up the Elf on the Shelf (I had never heard of this before and saw it on my step sisters blog) and thought it might tie in nice with having just seen the big guy. So I told brennan that as we left Santa gave me something special to share with you....We named him Floyd.


It's been pretty fun being Santa. Picking up some little things that he likes; animal crackers, chocolate milk, gc for Mcdonalds, and then there will be a few books too.
Have a Merry Christmas everyone!


1 comment:

Lindsay said...

That's great! Way to warm him up to the whole idea! So fun!