Sunday, September 30, 2012

Diving board


Brennan really loves swimming.  I signed him up for lessons at one of the other Ys in Green Bay this session, I wanted to expose him to the diving board.  A few weeks ago he was bent out of shape about this, kept telling me he didn't want to try it or go to lessons at the Downtown Y because of the board. 

Fine, no board, we'll just go to lessons today (this was last week Saturday) and after lessons we were doing family swim and randomly he said, OK I'm ready to jump off the board.....Ok let's do it!  There were some tears when he was on the board and got to the point where he'd have to walk a few feet without the railing.  Then he wanted me to hold his hand while he was on the board~ sure I can do that bud but then I can not catch you in the water, where do you want me?  more tears.  (Mind you he's frozen on the diving board at this point, and Quinn is crawling on my shoulders because she followed me in to the water and didn't realize it was a lot colder pool~ be we were a sight.)  Catch me in the water mom.  and then he walked to the end and jumped off.  When he was at the side I wasn't going to push him to go again, I just congratulated him and through the tears he said he wanted to go again, and continued to do that a zillion more times. 

So I brought my camera this week and we got some video of it.   

No comments: